Turkey Shoot & Thanksgiving Photos!
Turkey "Shoot" at Diemand Farm is followed by a trip to The Old Mill.
The Old Mill is famous for such things as their corn fritters and their pecan rolls.
The Thanksgiving table. This year we were 14 people.
I forgot to get centerpieces so I improvised with crab apples, quince, and Baldwin apples from Westward Farm.
And this is the only food shot I got. :(
Two pumpkin pies and an apple cider pie at the bottom.
But in case you were wondering, here is the Thanksgiving 2008 menu:
- Gougeres with smoked cheddar from Smith Country Cheese
- Shredded sweet potato with brown butter and sage (NYT recipe)
- Brussels sprouts with shallots
- Four Onion Gratin (epicurious.com)
- Sage & Sausage Stuffing (my own recipe)
- Roast Turkey
- Turkey gravy
- Cranberry sauce
- Pecan pie x 2
- Pumpkin pie x 2
- One apple cider pie
And from what I recall, it was delicious! But frankly the food coma struck early and mostly it was a blur of forks and elbows.